WHAT WE DO
Senior GIS Business Analyst
– Reviewing and analyzing existing business requirements supporting GIS requirements
– Reengineering business processes to meet new business geospatial requirements
– Responsible for providing GIS application and data design support
– Collect functional specifications and geospatial design criteria for customers.
– Develop User Stories for business process specifications to support the evolution of the GIS tools and applications.
– Document the specifications of design principles, processes, models, and standards that address business requirements and goals.
– Perform programming and spatial analysis tasks as requested
– Perform database and project reporting tasks using Oracle and web driven tools
– Develop, maintain, business processes to support geospatial tools and capabilities.
– Some limited domestic travel, as required.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Computer Science, Information Science or closely related field or equivalent experience is required.
– A minimum 3 years’ experience working as a Business Analyst in a GIS related environment.
Required Skills and Competencies:
– Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to concisely describe geospatial requirements and detailed functional requirements.
– Good personal skills in dealing with customers and colleagues
– Logical and systematic analysis and logical thinking with the ability to communicate complex processes or ideas in a simple straight forward manner
– Professional written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey advanced analytical topics that are grounded in solid problem-solving skills.
– Analysis, requirement definition, testing to optimize and automate system administration and business process activities
– Liaison between teams overseeing scheduling, testing and defining ramification to the business program area’s IT portfolio
– Assist in analysis and developing a strategy to utilize GIS Modernization Pilot’s findings within the legacy solutions
– Support the efforts to integrate transaction databases and geospatial data sets into a enterprise data framework
– Strong understanding of web technologies - HTML5, jQuery, Ajax, CSS
– Expert working knowledge with MS Office, Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Visio.
– Knowledge of Informatica and its using in spatially enabling all program area IT solutions
– Microsoft SharePoint, experience using geospatial standards and applications
– Working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
– Experience working with a wide range of personnel, including business sponsors, product owners, project managers, development teams, and end users at all levels of the organization
– Familiarity with formalized requirements management frameworks (including requirements traceability) such as IEEE and ITIL.
– Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies.
– Prior government work experience a plus.
The successful candidate must be a US citizen and will be subject to a U.S. Federal Government background investigation. The candidate must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust or higher.