WHAT WE DO
– Reviewing and analyzing existing systems to derive requirements
– Reengineering business processes to meet new business requirements
– Responsible for providing GIS application and data design support
– Collect functional specifications and geospatial design criteria for customers. Develop specifications for software components and integrate with commercial products. Develop enhancements for existing tools to meet the customer requirements
– Document the specifications of design principles, processes, models, and standards that address business requirements and goals.
– Perform programming and spatial analysis tasks as requested
– Perform database and project reporting tasks using Oracle and web driven tools
– Develop, maintain, and support geospatial tools and capabilities.
– Some limited domestic travel, as required.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– A Bachelor’s Degree in Geographic Computer Science, Information Science or closely related field or equivalent experience is required. A master’s degree is preferred
– A minimum 5 years’ experience working as a GIS Analyst/Developer.
– Professional written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey advanced analytical topics that are grounded in solid problem-solving skills.
– Strong technical writing skills, with the ability to concisely describe geospatial requirements and detailed functional requirements.
– Good personal skills in dealing with customers and colleagues
– Logical and systematic analysis and logical thinking with the ability to communicate complex processes or ideas in a simple straight forward manner
– Strong understanding of web technologies - HTML5, jQuery, Ajax, CSS
– Microsoft SharePoint, experience using geospatial standards and applications
– Experience working with a wide range of personnel, including business sponsors, product owners, project managers, development teams, and end users at all levels of the organization
– Familiarity with formalized requirements management frameworks (including requirements traceability) such as IEEE and ITIL.
– Solid understanding of Agile development methodologies.
– Prior government work experience a plus.
The successful candidate must be a US citizen and will be subject to a U.S. Federal Government background investigation. The candidate must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust or higher.